By Amanda Datnow,Vicki Park
Tools and methods from the trailblazers in data-based schooling reform
Over a interval of a number of years, Amanda Datnow and Vicki Park visited public faculties with a name for being prior to the pack in data-driven choice making. the result of this pioneering research demonstrate how schooling leaders could make info paintings for college students and lecturers, instead of opposed to them.
This publication is a necessary consultant to assembly the demanding situations of high-stakes responsibility, development performance-based colleges, and enhancing pupil results. by way of following the recommendation during this publication, you’ll have the capacity to rework info overload right into a data-positive university tradition. You’ll study the adaptation among “data-driven management” and “data-informed leadership,” and the way to exploit dispensed management to motivate collaboration and guided analysis.
Incorporating narrative reflections drawn from actual educators and directors, the authors refine their observations and interviews into sensible conclusions that leaders can placed to exploit instantly. This ebook empowers leaders to aid inquiry, construct belief in data-based projects, identify pursuits for proof use, and supply educators with the abilities they should mobilize information for the nice of all stakeholders.
“Datnow and Park’s principles are simply available and level-headed in transparent examples, and their seven ‘calls’ approximately what should be performed nail the matter and the strategies. Use this ebook as your motion advisor and you’ll be rewarded with greater ends up in pupil learning.”
—Michael Fullan, professor emeritus, collage of Toronto
“Datnow and Park discover, ultimately, what it skill to take advantage of info to notify management. Documenting the 4 P’s (people, rules, practices, and styles) in faculties, we know about the association and dynamics of reform expert via information. A needs to read!”
—Ann Lieberman, senior student, Stanford University
Read or Download Data-Driven Leadership (Jossey-Bass Leadership Library in Education) PDF
Best teaching books
Academics understand how complex their paintings is. They consistently stability issues of person scholars with these of the gang; they give thought to how earlier occasions have an effect on today’s classes; they usually consistently adapt and revise for destiny classes. yet few humans ever get to work out academics’ paintings during this manner.
• Le cadre économique, institutionnel et constitutionnel• Les principes budgétaires• Les règles comptables et le contrôle• Les funds locales et sociales• Les funds de l’Union européenne• Les prélèvements obligatoires• Les ressources non fiscales et los angeles detteCe manuel s’adresse aux candidats qui préparent les concours administratifs de catégorie A et A+, aux étudiants des instituts d’études politiques et des facultés de droit.
Los angeles profesión docente genuine requiere una formación que incluya, por supuesto, el conocimiento de lo que queremos enseñar, el amor por el saber y, además, el amor por ayudar a aprender. Ello requiere saberes, habilidades y actitudes profesionales para estimular y motivar incluso, y principalmente, a los que por circunstancias muy diversas no quieren, no saben o no pueden aprender.
The Get-Outside consultant to iciness actions deals a wealth of principles, actions, video games, and suggestions for leaders of wintertime open air teams. The actions are secure, age acceptable, and simply modifiable for various ability degrees and designed for a variety of locales.
- Twelve Brain Principles That Make the Difference (In a Nutshell)
- Teaching the Way Students Learn: Practical Applications for Putting Theories into Action
- Easy and Effective Professional Development: The Power of Peer Observation to Improve Teaching (Eye on Education Books)
- Clean Language in the Classroom
- Le point sur le Cadre européen commun de référence pour les langues - Didactique des langues étrangères - Ebook (French Edition)
- Developing Creative and Critical Educational Practitioners (Critical Guides for Teacher Educators)
Extra resources for Data-Driven Leadership (Jossey-Bass Leadership Library in Education)
Data-Driven Leadership (Jossey-Bass Leadership Library in Education) by Amanda Datnow,Vicki Park